Saturday 17 September 2011

Retail Therapy

I wanted to sleep in all day today but was wide awake by 10am. Then, starting moping. Mope, mope, mope. Googling, getting angry, more angry, thinking, thinking. Not really achieving anything. I thought I was gonna pick myself up, exercise, go out and take a passport photo of myself. If I didn't achieve that, I'd be very angry at myself.

So I got dressed and went out on a mission... and shopping.

OMG, I thought luckily I procrastinated in buying my ex-boyfriend a SuperDry Windcheater! Would have been such a waste of money since he dumped me and isn't contributing to retail therapy. Of note, he also advised me to go for retail therapy. WTF, right? Don't tell me what to do when you've just dumped me. As they say, no money, shaddap.

First stop was HMV. My ex liked going to HMV a lot. I tried not to think about it because I really wanted some music so my head would think of other things esp when exercising. I was looking for cheap-ish hip-hop and R&B for £5. Picked up Jay-Z, Tinie Tempah and Professor Green but something was playing in-store which and the melody really grabbed me. Then, I listened to the lyrics and it made the back of my hair stand. I walked round and round and round listening to half the album and the songs continued to give me that feeling..... Shazam'ed the songs, dropped all three albums and picked up Ed Sheeran's Deluxe + album to make a semi-swift escape...

Ed Sheeran. + Deluxe
Songs that reflect my feelings of the past, present and hopes for the future.. :'-(
And it is fuzzily comforting the songs are always directed to a girl
If you ever read this, thank you, Ed for making such a beautiful and meaningful album.. (altho you shud also thank me for buying your album)
Besides my passport photos, I made a mental list of other things I wanted but not massively important to get today. So, I popped into Boots:

1) Moisturizer
2) Body scrub
3) Bronzer/blusher
4) Eye liner
5) Kit of EcoTools bamboo make-up brushes (between £15-£20!)
6) Bath sponge
7) Mineral powder

Botanics Enriching Body Cream £5.61; Botanics Cleansing Body Scrub at half price £2.29 and Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eyeliner (very good, hardly smudges) £3.99.
Walked round and round and round... Really hoping 6pm doesn't come too soon because I didn't wanna go home..

KFC? McD's? Went to Sainsbury's je la.. This week's shopping was only £14.77, so I guess last week's expensive spend is evened out..

Tonight's dinner. I was going to *treat* myself.
Clockwise:
Warburton's Pitta Chips - quite good, tastes like tortilla
Magner's Apple and Ginger Cider - hmmm, where was the ginger?
Doritos Hot Salsa
Be Good to Yourself Guacamole - treat also must try to minimize calories la
Be Good to Yourself Soured Cream and Chive - surprisingly very good for a 'light' version
Pumpkin falafels - really should be eaten with hummus rather than dips
My other regular, boring buys to cook a giant pot of food for the rest of the week, tomorrow

Tried to make an effort with my no-effort dinner whilst watching X-Factor.
I really liked 'em Essex Two Shoes!

Before I left, I dropped off a roll of 36 exposures for development and print which I'll pick up tomorrow. If there's anything nice, I'll post it.

And, I did achieve my one goal of taking passport photos of myself...

Finally, a youtube video of Autumn Leaves; a song that reflects my feelings of the present :'-( which I would like to move away from but feel like my hands and feet are chained to some haunted thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment