Thursday 22 September 2011

Package from Amazon

I have been slow to post. A bit sluggish motor-wise.

Will be working tonight and I tried to stay in bed as long as possible. My mind not really thinking nor dreaming but my little heart betrays me; it continues to yearn, long, calls and - the universe forbids - love this guy. And minute beads of tears collect at the corner of my eye.

So, I had to get up to let the numb mind take over. My little heart has quieten, I am tired but can't go back to bed. Little heart, why do you betray me?

And so I sigh...

On Monday, a new package appeared outside my door. Not a big surprise since no one buys me stuff online except myself. And, even buying online is a recent thing I have only engaged in the last year when I lived in a remote village neither here nor there...

Anyway, from Amazon...

What could this beeee?

Philips Satinelle Soft HP6509 Epilator
Hmmmm.....
Just under £30.
Pretty cheap considering most epilators were rather expensive just a couple of years ago.
The back of the box showing what it can do: epilate (for the legs), shave (the pits and bikini line), two speed settings, bag and a 72db noise level...  Not that I paid much attention since I read all of it on Amazon
It's a basic set for the price. Comes with the motor with an epilator head, shaving head, guards for both and a cleaning brush. It has more than a hundred good reviews compared to the more expensive epilators.
So I, uhm, tried it on Tuesday night. It took about 2-3 whole minutes before I even dared to put the thing over my skin. I thought it was just gonna rip my skin, fat, muscle and down to bare bone...

Finally I plucked the courage to put it on the very fine hairs on my legs. Hmmm, was ok la. I didn't bother epilating my legs because the hairs really aren't visible. I still don't dare put it any where else on my body... hahaha. Still building the mental courage. Maybe in a few weeks time.

Actually I have been thinking of buying an epilator for a long time now. Two years, I guess because I remember watching this video below. I also remember my then boyfriend watching it with me and encouraging me to get it (why didn't he buy it for me?). She is so funny and I thought she was funny because I agree shaving your pits on YouTube is terribly embarrassing. I think she was one of the first people to expose and epilate her pits on the channel...

LOL

Sigh, it's strange how an epilator still reminds me of him...


Update: OMG, literally tried it on the pits after being encouraged by the video. It hurts la but it's not that bad. Once the hair is out, you can run the thing over and over and it doesn't even feel like anything. The follicles are a bit raw like it is after shaving but some talc (or maybe aftershave?) might do... Defo need to exfoliate everyday.

If you see me standing like this, you know why...

No comments:

Post a Comment