Thursday 1 September 2011

V&A Shop Purchases

Whoop!

We love buying stuff and we love buying stuff at bargain prices!

We buy stuff because we need it. Other times, we buy it because it is cheap! Sometimes, we leave something for next time when there's a bargain be it a true bargain or a subjective one.

So, I noticed I have been exercising my buying power lately despite being kiamsiap and sharing my purchases with my boyfriend and friends via Whatsapp.

It's really nice when they said, "Waaa, nice purchase" or, "Glad you like it", or even ask the most satisfying question, "Wei, how much ar?". With the last question, I can give them a full account on how satisfying it was to get the item at (a subjective) bargain price!

This week itself I have bought several items which is a major achievement on a kiamsiap level. But let's start with what I bought yesterday...

So, I went to the V&A Museum in South Kensington, London on my 1 week forced annual leave. At their V&A Shop got summer sale.
Art Nouveau textile by F. Steiner & Co. , 1903
Reproduced by amet&ladoue
70% cotton, 30% silk
Handmade in India
RRP £30. Sale £22.50
Approx 2m long, this scarf is light and cool.
Close up of the beautiful pattern and colours under sunlight.
Really made my day because I was thinking that I need to shop for a nice multi-colour scarf before embarking to V&A

Embroidery scissors, £7.
This one, I am not sure if bargain or not but I really wanted it la.
Recently bought a similar non-functional antique one at Spitalfields for £5 (not with me at the moment but will compare and contrast some day).

Tombow Onbook Mechanical pencil.
RRP £6. Confirm bargain price £1.50.
Greedy, wanted to buy two cos so cheap. Had to reason with myself
Got other things I wanted to buy but must think first! Should I buy or not?
William de Morgan tile reproduced by Jackson Ceramics. Handglazed RRP £18. Sale £13.50
Cloisonne Blue Hummingbird Earrings. Sterling Silver base with enamel. £25.00
Such a beautiful museum and an equally beautiful giftshop! Worth spending money there since their profits goes to up-keeping the museum.

Thank you for your time! Please let me know your thoughts. Should I buy or not? x

No comments:

Post a Comment